CELPIP Mock Test CLB 12 Samples – Day 5 samples
CELPIP Mock Test CLB 12 Samples – Day 5
Task 1 – Giving Advice (Friend)
Hey Alex!
That's awesome! Buying your first bike is a great idea. If I were you, I'd keep three things in mind. First, make sure the bike is the right size because you'll be riding it every day, and comfort really matters. Second, check the quality of the brakes and gears. Trust me, you don't want to spend money on repairs after just a few weeks! Finally, don't forget about safety. Get yourself a good helmet, bright lights, and a strong lock. They might seem like extra expenses, but they're definitely worth it. Anyway, I hope you find the perfect bike. Let me know when you buy it—we should go for a ride together!
---
Task 2 – Talking About a Personal Experience
I'd like to talk about a time when I learned something from my younger cousin. Last year, he introduced me to AI tools that could help me organize my work more efficiently. At first, I thought I already knew enough about technology, but he showed me several shortcuts that completely changed the way I worked. I was honestly surprised by how knowledgeable he was. Thanks to his advice, I started finishing my work much faster and with better quality. More importantly, I realized that age doesn't determine intelligence. Since then, I've always kept an open mind because anyone can teach us something valuable.
---
Task 3 – Describing a Picture (Friend)
Hey Sam!
There is a picture in front of me! This picture shows a historical fort that appears to be a popular tourist attraction. In the foreground, I can see several students sitting on the ground while taking notes, so they are probably on a school trip. Near the entrance, a tour guide is explaining the history of the fort to a group of visitors. On the right side, a woman is reading an information board while another person seems to be asking questions. I also notice a gardener planting flowers, which suggests that the place is well maintained. In the background, there are impressive stone walls and towers under a bright blue sky. Overall, the atmosphere looks educational, peaceful, and enjoyable, and everyone seems interested in learning about the site's history.
Task 4 – Making Predictions
I think this tour will continue successfully. The guide will probably lead the visitors inside the fort and explain more historical facts. The students may likely ask questions and take additional notes for a school assignment. The woman reading the information board may join the guided tour after finishing. The gardener will probably continue planting flowers to make the area even more attractive for tourists. Plus, more visitors might arrive because the weather looks pleasant. By the end of the day, everyone may leave with a better understanding of the fort's history and will likely recommend this place to their friends and family.
Task 5 – Making Comparisons (Friend)
Hey!
If I were you, I'd definitely choose to visit the historical monument. Both options sound exciting, but the monument offers a unique experience that you probably won't get every weekend. You'll learn about history, admire beautiful architecture, and take some amazing photos. On the other hand, hiking is perfect if you're looking for adventure and fresh air, but it can be tiring, especially if the weather isn't great. Since you've only got one free weekend, I'd go with the monument because it's relaxing, educational, and memorable. Besides, you can always plan a hiking trip another time. So, what do you think? I'd definitely vote for the monument!
---
Task 6 – Dealing with a Difficult Situation (Manager)
Good morning, Mr. Smith. Do you have a moment? I'd like to discuss tomorrow's presentation. First of all, thank you for trusting me with such an important responsibility. Unfortunately, I just realized that my younger sister's graduation ceremony is scheduled at exactly the same time, and I had promised my family that I'd be there. I'm in a difficult position because I don't want to let either of you down. I was wondering if we could work out a solution. I can prepare all the presentation slides today and even rehearse with a colleague if someone else needs to present them. Alternatively, if the presentation time can be adjusted slightly, I'd gladly handle both commitments. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and I'd really appreciate your understanding.
Task 7 – formal opinion
Personally, I believe governments should spend more money on preserving historical buildings. These landmarks represent our culture, history, and identity. Once they're destroyed, they're gone forever. They also attract tourists from all over the world, which creates jobs and supports local businesses.
Of course, modern infrastructure is also essential because people need good roads, bridges, and public transportation. However, infrastructure can always be upgraded or expanded over time, whereas historical monuments are irreplaceable.
That's why I think governments should make preserving important historical buildings a priority while continuing to improve infrastructure through balanced planning. This approach protects our heritage without ignoring future development.
Task 8 – Expressing Opinions
Hey Mom!
You have to see this picture! It's absolutely unbelievable. It shows a huge floating city right in the middle of the ocean. Doesn't it look like something from the future?
There are lots of modern buildings connected by wide bridges, and I can even see beautiful parks and trees everywhere. The water is so clear and blue that it almost looks unreal. Instead of cars, it seems like people are travelling in small electric boats, which is really cool.
Another thing I noticed is that many rooftops have solar panels, so I think the city probably uses clean energy. Everything looks so clean, quiet, and well organized. I can't spot any traffic or pollution at all.
Honestly, Mom, I'd love to visit a place like this one day! Just imagine waking up every morning with the ocean all around you. It must feel so peaceful and relaxing. What do you think? Would you ever want to spend a vacation in a floating city like this? I know I definitely would!

Comments
Post a Comment